For the second year in a row, Samuel Adams and Budweiser are the two best-perceived beers in America, according to the annual St. Patrick’s Day ranking.
However, all is not the same after that:
• Bud Light and Heineken each climbed up a spot from last year, into third and fifth place respectively.
• Corona, Dos Equis and Stella Artois each dropped down a ranking position.
• Miller Light replaced Coors Light at number 10.
Local beer brand perception differs widely as well, as evidenced on the charts below.
• Blue Moon makes the top 10 in Chicago, Los Angeles and New York City, but does not crack the national top 10 list.
• Foster’s appears only on Boston’s top 10 list.
• Guinness makes the top 10 nationally, as well as in Boston, Los Angeles and New York City, but not in Chicago.
• Coors appears on the Chicago and New York City lists.
YouGov BrandIndex is the only daily brand consumer perception research service.
All major beer brands were measured using YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score, which ask respondents: "If you've heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?" All results reflect adults age 21 and over. Scores were compiled during the twelve week period leading up to St, Patrick’s Day.
YouGov BrandIndex measurement scores range from 100 to -100